Terms and conditions
- Companies that have a corporate sales agreement, discount, or other agreement with (1) American or (2) British Airways, Iberia or Japan Airlines (the Partnering Airlines); however, with American's approval, such company may participate in the Program for the portion of travel not already covered by the corporate sales agreement, discount or other agreement.
- Travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators, and other sellers or re-sellers of travel; however, such travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators, and other sellers or re-sellers may book travel for Members.
- all tickets issued as Program Awards
- frequent flyer awards or other ticket promotions including free or reduced rate tickets
- companion tickets
- charter flight tickets
- travel agency tickets, if: (i) such tickets are a reduced rate tickets; and/or (ii) Agent receives an upfront commission from such ticket.
- other industry reduced rate tickets
- infant tickets
- tickets flown before a Member's enrollment in the Program
- items occupying a purchased seat
- unpublished fare tickets, including consolidator fares
- tickets issued subject to special provisions
- tickets purchased using AirPassSM
- Members joining the Business Extra Program on or after October 4, 2021 must: (i) have $5,000 in Flown Revenue prior to Member's first redemption of Points for Program Rewards; (ii) for all subsequent redemptions, Member must have at least $5,000 in Flown Revenue during the twelve (12) months prior to redemption of Points for Program Awards; and (iii) have at least three (3) unique Member Travelers.
- Members who joined the Business Extra Program prior to October 4, 2021 must have: (i) at least $5,000 in Flown Revenue in the twelve (12) months prior to any proposed redemption of Points for Program Awards occurring after December 31, 2022; and (ii) have at least three (3) unique Member Travelers.
Special Service Awards: Special service awards include Admirals Club® One-Day Passes and Admirals Club® memberships.
One-Day Passes are valid only for those 18 years of age and older and can only be used by the person to whom the pass is issued in any Admirals Club® during same-day travel on American or a partner airline. The One-Day Pass must be relinquished upon admittance to the lounge. One-Day Passes may not be used to access the lounges of Partnering Airlines. For full terms and conditions, please visit aa.com/admiralsclub .
An Admirals Club® member must be at least 18 years of age. Members are required to present their valid membership card, AAdvantage® frequent flyer card, or AAdvantage® number and a boarding pass for same-day travel on American or a partner airline. For full terms and conditions, please visit aa.com/admiralsclub .