Get to know Business Extra
Business Extra is a travel loyalty program offering rewards to savvy companies with at least three employees who travel on American and our partners. There's no cost to join the program and members earn 1 point for every $5 spent* on qualifying flights on:
And flight marketed (sold) by American:
Flexible travel awards
Points can be redeemed for over 60 travel awards, beginning as low as 100 points, and are valid for two years after the year they're earned. Companies have the freedom to use the points in many ways:
- Offset the cost of future business travel
- Recognize a valued employee or business associate
- Energize employees while they travel with AAdvantage® status or Admirals Club® access
- Do your part to offset the carbon emissions of your business travel with Cool Effect
- Turn points into AAdvantage® miles that can be transferred to your travelers
Business Extra and AAdvantage®
Unlike most loyalty programs that benefit the individual customer, the Business Extra program allows the company purchasing the flights to earn points, while the employees continue to earn their AAdvantage® miles.
Already an AAdvantage® member? The Business Extra program is more of the same, but different. Here's a quick comparison of how members earn when they fly:
|Program||Currency||Earned by||Based on||Sample award1|
+ fare purchased2
1 Economy round-trip Award within US48 and Canada. Comparison based on Business Extra award BX1A and AAdvantage® MileSAAver award. Subject to inventory availability.
2 Earn rate may also be affected by AAdvantage® status held by flyer.
Travel savings are waiting
If your company isn't yet a Business Extra member, they're leaving money on the table every time your employees travel for business. With the largest global network — including the most flights to top U.S. business destinations — American connects your company to the world. How many employees do you have in the air right now that could be earning your company rewards? Don't miss out any more — take a few minutes and join the program today.
Daily GreensSee how Daily Greens uses Business Extra to help their bottom line.
View more Customer spotlights »
* Countries/regions in Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda may be subject to different terms and conditions.