How To Earn And Redeem Points
Earning Business Extra points
As a Business Extra member, your company earns Business Extra points each time you fly on American Airlines or on one of our partnering airlines. As of May 20, 2015, we've also expanded your earning ability on British Airways and Iberia. Plus you can earn points for tickets marketed by American Airlines and operated by Finnair, Japan Airlines, and Qantas*. Companies earn one point for every $5 spent on eligible itineraries. And your travelers keep earning their personal frequent flyer miles—it's a win-win.
Approved AACargoSM customers can also earn Business Extra points by using AACargo.com for their shipping needs. For complete details, approved cargo customers should log on to
Business Extra members choose how to distribute Business Extra awards. Awards are easy to request online and there are many to choose from including:
- Round-trip tickets on American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia
- Flight upgrades valid for travel on American Airlines
- Admirals Club® Membership or One-Day Pass valid at American Airlines lounges
- AAdvantage® Gold Status with American Airlines
Earn Cash Rebates
Earn a 4% cash rebate on American Airlines travel, extra bonus points in the Business Extra program, and cash rebates on everyday business expenses with our American Express®/ Business Extra® Corporate Card.
To receive additional information call 1-877-AXP-0175.
Flight Award Form
When claiming flight awards that will be used later, or presented as a gift or incentive, print here.
When redeeming points for travel—our most popular award—your business enjoys access to nearly 500 destinations worldwide on American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia. Plus, you'll experience new ways to travel with the addition of Premium Economy service and new, state-of-the-art aircraft like the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. For a list of travel awards, visit the View Awards page.
* Members earn points from purchased, eligible, published-fare tickets on eligible flights booked in eligible fare classes for travel on  American Airlines,  British Airways and Iberia, ticketed on American Airlines (001), British Airways (125), and Iberia (075) ticket stock, and  eligible codeshare flights on Finnair, Japan Airlines and Qantas, ticketed on American Airlines (001) ticket stock. If you have questions regarding whether a ticket you are considering qualifies for points, contact customer service before purchasing the ticket.