Business Extra® Terms And Conditions
Subject to approval by American Airlines, Inc. (American), membership in Business Extra program (Program) is available to companies (Member): (1) with two or more employee travelers; and (2) that maintain their primary physical address in one of the following countries:
- United States, Canada, Antigua, Argentina, Aruba, Brazil, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Lucia, Trinidad And Tobago, Turks And Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela
Companies that maintain their primary physical address in a country which is not listed above should contact Business Extra Customer Service to see if they are eligible to participate in the Program. American reserves the right to determine a Member's eligibility to participate in the Program and to require a minimum number of employee travelers per account.
- A Member's Participation in the Program is contingent upon the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and all Program rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (Program Rules). American may immediately, without notice, remove any Member from the Program that abuses or fails to adhere to the Program Rules.
The following companies are not eligible to participate in the Program:
- - Companies that have a corporate sales agreement, discount, or other agreement with (1) American or (2) British Airways or Iberia (the Partnering Airlines); however, with American's approval, such company may participate in the Program for the portion of travel not already covered by the corporate sales agreement, discount or other agreement.
- Travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators, and other sellers or re-sellers of travel; however, such travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators, and other sellers or re-sellers may book travel for Members.
- Individuals are not eligible to participate in the Program.
Only employees and contractors of a Member (Member Travelers) are eligible to earn Points (as defined below) under the Member's account number. Upon request, Members shall provide American with documentation verifying its employment of Member Travelers, such as Form W-2.
Program Awards, monthly statements, and other materials will be mailed or emailed only to the Travel Manager at the address provided by the Member. Members must advise American of address and email changes by updating their information online. American will have no liability for lost, destroyed, or misdirected correspondence. American may, at its sole option, withhold monthly statements and other Program correspondence from any Member that does not earn Points (as defined below) during any calendar month.
- Travel Managers must have an AAdvantage number and password to participate, however Member Travelers may continue to use their personal frequent flyer program of either American, British Airways, or Iberia when booking flights. Members are responsible for ensuring that Travel Managers and Member Travelers follow all Program Rules.
Members shall only earn Business Extra Points (Points) on Member Travelers' purchased published-fare tickets on eligible flights booked in eligible fare classes for travel on (1) American Airlines, (2) British Airways, Iberia, and (3) Program select codeshare participants including Finnair, Japan Airlines and Qantas, ticketed through American Airlines 001 ticket stock (Eligible Purchases). A Members Eligible Purchases net of refunds, fees, taxes and commissions attributable to such Eligible Purchases shall be used to calculate a Member's monthly revenue for the purpose of earning Points (Flown Revenue). American and/or Partnering Airlines may, in their sole discretion, exclude or modify specific fare types in all or specific markets from the calculation of Flown Revenue. American calculates Flown Revenue monthly. Within four (4) weeks after the end of the calendar month, American will post qualifying Points to the Member's account. Member Travelers must provide the Member's Business Extra account number during ticketing to earn credit for Flown Revenue.
- Members that have a physical address in the United States and/or Canada will earn one (1) Point for every $5 of Flown Revenue during a calendar month. Members that have a physical address in other countries will earn two and a half (2 ½) Points for every $10 of Flown Revenue during a calendar month. Points shall be awarded based on the Member's primary physical address, not where the majority of a Member's travel originates.
Certain travel is not eligible to earn Points, including, without limitation, the following:
- - all tickets issued as Program Awards
- - frequent flyer awards or other ticket promotions including free or reduced rate tickets
- - companion tickets
- - charter flight tickets
- - travel agency/industry reduced rate tickets
- - infant tickets
- - tickets flown before a Member's enrollment in the Program
- - items occupying a purchased seat
- - unpublished fare tickets, including consolidator fares
- - tickets issued subject to special provisions
- Points expire on December 31 of the year which is two years after the date on which the travel attributable to the Points occurred. For example, Points earned for travel occurring on January through December 2016 expire on December 31, 2018.
American reserves the right to require a Member to maintain a minimum activity level to award Points or recognize Flown Revenue. American shall have the final authority on qualification for Points and Program Awards and reserves the right to deny or revoke Points and Program Awards at any time if American determines that Points or Program Awards were improperly given or obtained. Accrued Points and Program Awards do not constitute property of the Member.
- In the event a Member believes its calculation of Flown Revenue, or the subsequently awarded Points, is incorrect, the Member shall provide proof of all travel during such contested month to American within twelve (12) months of the travel. American, in its sole discretion, shall examine the claim and determine if additional Points are to be issued.
Points can be used to obtain program awards, which consist of travel awards, upgrade awards, special services awards, and any other awards that American and the Partnering Airlines may designate as program awards, each of which will be accompanied by specific information and applicable terms and conditions (Program Awards).
- Members must allow four (4) weeks for processing from the date American receives a Program Award request.
All Program Awards and other benefits are offered at American's and each Partnering Airline's discretion, and the parties may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any Program Award or award level or limit the number of seats available to any destination. Program Awards may not be eligible for redemption or use to all destinations or on all flights. Only Travel Managers may distribute Program Awards. Once tickets or other Program Awards are issued, they cannot be transferred, sold or bartered.
- Unless the promotion specifically includes the Program, Program Awards may not be used in conjunction with any other American or Partnering Airline promotion, including negotiated fares, group fares, meeting fares, promotional fares, discount coupons, frequent flyer awards, upgrades, mileage accrual, or any other fares covered under any corporate sales agreement.
Program Awards are void where prohibited by law and the Program and Program Awards are subject to all government regulations. Program Awards are subject to applicable program and carrier imposed fees, including without limitation expediting and other special handling fees. Determination of income tax liability for any Program Award is the Member's and Member Traveler's responsibility.
- Travel Awards: Travel awards may be redeemed on American and the Partnering Airlines through the Business Extra website. Unless otherwise stated, Members have one (1) year from the date of issue of a travel award certificate or travel award authorization number to redeem the certificate or number for a ticket. Travel award certificates and travel award authorization numbers not used within this time will be forfeited. Upgrades are not permitted for travel pursuant to a travel certificate or travel authorization number. Once a ticket has been issued, the passenger will have one year from the date of issue to fly, unless otherwise stated. Tickets not used within this time frame will be forfeited. Service charges may be imposed for requested changes that require a reissued ticket. Travel awards are not eligible for earning Aadvantage (or Partnering Airlines' frequent flyer program) mileage credit. Travel awards may not be used for travel on flights operated by other carriers, except those operated by Partnering Airlines.
Travel awards are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, carrier imposed fees, passenger facility charges, security fees, and other airport charges and levies. Travel awards are subject to appropriate government approvals, availability, and the Conditions of Carriage and tariffs, ticket terms, and re-accommodation policies of American and the Partnering Airlines, as applicable. American's Conditions of Carriage are available online or from any American airport or city ticket office representative. British Airways' Conditions of Carriage are available online here. Iberia's Conditions of Carriage are available online here.
- Upgrade Awards: Upgrade awards are only valid on American and may be redeemed at American airport ticketing locations. Travel ticketed through a travel agent must be accompanied by an upgrade certificate.
AAdvantage® Awards: Points are not equivalent to and cannot be converted to AAdvantage miles. However, if offered in the Program, Members may redeem Points for AAdvantage Gold® status. Points are not equivalent to and cannot be converted to other Partnering Airline's personal frequent flyer currency.
- Special Service Awards: Special service awards include Admirals Club® One-Day Passes and Admirals Club memberships. One-Day Passes are valid only for those 18 years of age and older and can only be used by the person to whom the pass is issued in any Admirals Club on the travel itinerary on the day of travel. The One-Day Pass must be relinquished upon admittance to the lounge. Special service awards may not be used to access the lounges of the Partnering Airlines.
These reservations of rights apply to all aspects of the Program. American may, at in its discretion, change the Program Rules, Points, Program Awards and special offers at any time with or without notice. This means that the accumulation of Points does not entitle Members to any vested rights for Points, Program Awards, or other Program benefits. In accumulating Points or Program Awards, Members may not rely upon the continued availability of Points or any Program Award. Any Program Award may be withdrawn or subject to increased point requirements or new restrictions at any time. American or Partnering Airlines may, among other things, (1) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any Points or Program Awards; (2) change Program benefits, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting credit, or rules for the use of Program awards; or (3) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including without limitation allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of Program Awards or special offers. American or Partnering Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though the changes may affect the Member's or Member Traveler's ability to use Points or Program Awards that have already accumulated. American reserves the right to end the Program upon thirty (30) days' notice.
- American assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any unauthorized access by third parties to a Member's Program account or account information, including without limitation any unauthorized award transactions. American assumes no obligation or duty to re-credit any Points withdrawn by unauthorized third parties; provided; however, American may, in its sole discretion, re-credit Points withdrawn by unauthorized third parties if such claim is made by Member within three (3) months of the alleged unauthorized withdrawal.
If American improperly denies a Member Points, a Program Award, or some other benefit, the Member's exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied Points, Program Award, or benefit, if available, or such other alternative, comparable benefit as determined by American or a Partnering Airline. In no event will American or any Partnering Airline be liable to any Member, or anyone claiming through a Member, for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages, or lost revenue or profits, arising out of American's acts or omissions in connection with the Program.
- Member, Member Travelers and Member Travel Managers are responsible for reading the Program Rules. American may amend, in its discretion, the Program Rules and Program Awards at any time without notice.
- American may audit any account at any time and without notice to ensure compliance with Program Rules. Pending completion of the audit, American may, in its sole discretion, delay processing Program Awards or delivering monthly statements and prohibit Members from earning or redeeming Points or using Program Awards.
Members may not use American's or Partnering Airline name or trademarks, including Business Extra, in any public advertising or on the Internet.
- Members may not solicit non-employees to use their account numbers when flying on American or any Partnering Airline.
American may, in its sole discretion, remove any Member from the Program as a result of fraud or violation of the Program Rules. Any Points, Program Awards, or tickets that (1) were sold, bartered, or transferred for cash or other consideration; or (2) were obtained by violating any Program Rules, are void, and may result in the Program Award or ticket being confiscated, the passenger being denied boarding, and forfeiture of Member's Program benefits, including accumulated Points and other Program Awards, as well as cancellation of Member's participation in the Program. If a trip has been started, any continued travel will be at the passenger's expense on a full-fare basis. The passenger and Member may also be liable to American for the cost of the Program Award or a full fare ticket for any segments flown on a sold or bartered Program Award. Violators (including any passenger or person who uses a purchased or bartered Program Award) may be liable for damages and litigation costs, including American's attorneys' fees incurred in enforcing this provision.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. To the fullest extent allowed by law, these Terms and Conditions disclaim any duty of good faith and fair dealing as well as any implied contractual terms or obligations.