How to earn points
In the air
How earning points works
One Business Extra point for
every $5 in eligible flight spend**.
$5 = 1pt
Enter your company's
annual air spend:
For a full list of redemption options, see the award chart »
More ways to earn
American Express® / Business Extra® Corporate Card
Get extra with the American Express® / Business Extra® Corporate Card in addition to regular membership earning benefits:
- Earn 1 Business Extra point per $20 of eligible spend on the Card
- Earn up to a 6% rebate on the first $1.5M of the published base spend
- Individual cardholders receive a $50 American Airlines Flight Discount for every $5,000 charged on the Card (up to $1,000 in Flight Discounts per year)
American Airlines Cargo
Your company can also earn Business Extra points if it's an approved AACargoSM shipper and you use aacargo.com Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines to book at least 5% of your shipments. For complete details on how to earn points for shipping with American, visit aacargo.com. Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
Spread the word
In order to earn, your company's Business Extra account number needs to be included in every reservation, no matter how travel is booked. So socializing the account number with your team is crucial to ensure earning happens with every flight. Visit the education center to learn how easy it is for employees, travel managers and travel agencies to add the number.
“Our employees earn miles while our business gets points. Everybody's a winner.”
Business Extra member since 2005
View more Customer spotlights »
Earning points Q & A
Points earned through promotional offers post based on the terms and conditions of the individual promotion.
Points expire two calendar years after they're earned. For example, points earned anytime during will expire on December 31, .
- Yes! In the United States and Canada, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-457-7072, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (CT), Monday through Friday to have your number added.
- Outside the United States and Canada, contact the local American Airlines reservations office Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines , your local American Airlines ticket office Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines or email email@example.com.
* Purchased from and ticketed by American (AA* flights on 001 ticket stock)
**Countries/regions in Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda may be subject to different terms and conditions.
*** Within North America excluding U.S. Transcontinental
**** Flights taken prior to enrollment in the Business Extra program are not eligible for flight credit.